1. Development and testingEvery new product starts with an initial test. With decades of experience, extensive knowledge of materials and advanced testing and production facilities, we work continuously on special developments at our production facility in Nijkerk.
According to your requirements, we determine the appropriate proportions of hard and soft components in the material, in order to achieve the optimum balance between elasticity and strength for your application.
2. Production to filmOnce we have your agreement on the composition, we produce your material. We do this by means of extrusion: we force the raw material through a die – a tool that re-shapes the raw material into a thin film. The friction in combination with external heating raises the temperature of the raw material to the melting point, such that it can be forced through the die.
A controlled-tension system then pulls the plastic from the extruder and we cool the material using air or water.
3. Die-cutting and slittingFollowing extrusion, we can die-cut or slit the film to any desired shape.
4. Bonding to other materials• TPE film can be bonded without the use of adhesive to a large number of plastics, such as polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP). The film can also be bonded directly to textiles, both single and double-sided.
• TPU film adheres well to other materials by means of gluing. Either solvent or water-based glue can be used.